3.16.2011

Chinese Food Pillow - Finally Done!

Before I put up any pictures, I should explain that I started this pillow last summer. I was all excited to have found this Chinese food thin flannel-ish fabric at a hidden gem of a fabric store in Rhode Island. I'm pretty sure it's call Just Fabrics, in Cranston - it's worth a day trip. The prices are reasonable and there is a huge selection inside, considering it looks tiny from the road.

Armed with this new fabric (along with many others that I purchased that day), I tried to find a good use for it. I also happened to have a remnant piece of leopard print furry fabric from my friend Kerry's wedding so I decided to combine the two for a truly one-of-a-kind decor item: 

As you can see from the first picture, I have added just a touch of sequins on the top seam. I'm headed over to my Etsy store tonight to list this new item. It feels good to get this out of the 'unfinished project' bin!

1 comment: