4.03.2011

Back to Basics - Decoupage Plates

You may or may not know that my crafting business started close to 4 years ago and it all began with Christmas gifts for a few of my old co-workers. My mother-in-law took an evening to teach me how to make decoupage plates and the rest is history. We used cotton fabric in fun holiday designs and clear glass plates to create personalized gifts that the ladies in the office loved. 

My first year of craft shows were almost exclusively plates but now I have branched out into many other decoupage and home decor items. But every once in a while I like to make a few plates for therapy and since I'll be starting a new batch tomorrow, in honor of the baseball season, here is one of my newest plates. A cute 7-inch pirate plate which is also available in my Etsy store.


Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend and enjoying this lovely weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment