Sometimes I find fabric and even though I don't know what I'm going to do with it, I have to have it. That was the case with this adorable cupcake fabric I found at Joann Fabrics.
Since I'm trying to perfect my sewing skills, or at least get a little bit better, I bought a simple apron pattern and got to work. I used these fun, over-sized brown buttons that I saved from a ruined pair of corduroys, for decoration. Here is the finished product:
I am very happy with the way this turned out - so happy that I refuse to cook in it! Instead I will wear this when I go to craft fairs, especially since the front pocket will be very convenient to hold change. It's not exactly a difficult project but I'm proud of my novice sewing skills.