5.07.2011

Deal of the Day

Today has been a blur of errands and Mother's Day crafting. I picked up my bridesmaid dress for the July wedding of two of our close friends - luckily it needs no alterations and it's beautiful. The bride was kind enough to let us all pick our own style dress, in a gorgeous Horizon blue. 

Of course, David's Bridal is so close to Joann Fabrics that I had no choice but to go in! Actually I needed some elastic ribbon but for anyone who knows me, I had to stop by the 50% off remnant bin. 

I found some adorable cotton monkey fabric, a green & blue light flannel checkered fabric, cotton blue vine fabric, shiny brown see-thru with turquoise flowers and a shiny black, purple and pink polyester blend with sequins. 


The friendly cashier even pointed out what good deals I got. For about $5.20, I purchased all this material - saving approximately $25.50 (regular prices). I told her "sometimes I buy fabric for a particular project and sometimes the fabric picks me." So while I'm not sure what I will be making with these pieces yet, I know I'll be happy to have them around.

Back to my Mother's Day gifts, I have a second coat of paint to work on and some hand scrub...

No comments:

Post a Comment