I found this hunter green arch frame, in need of a little love, about a year ago for $2.00 at a tag sale and haven't had time to make it over until this past weekend. Here is a "Before" picture - dirt and all!
I was going to tape off the mirror part to paint the frame when I was pleased to discover that the mirror was able to be detached from the frame. However, in my excitement, I cracked a corner of the mirror - doh!
With a little tacky glue, I glued the corner back on and hoped it wouldn't be too noticeable by the end.
Next, I added two coats of a light green paint to the frame, breaking in between so it could fully dry. This frame is going on a dark blue accent wall and the rest of the room is this same light green color.
Because I had painted the frame flat on the newspaper, I had to do a tad bit of sanding on the backside to make sure the edges were clean and neat. After that, I cleaned the mirror and put it back into the frame, securing the rivets on the back and also adding some hot glue on the corners for added staying power.
Once the frame was put back together, I added a few fabric leaves for effect...and also to cover that pesky little crack in the bottom corner, from earlier.
And finally, here is the frame hung in its proper place; the hallway entrance to our bedroom.
It looks great against the accent wall - for just a couple of dollars and a few hours of work, I couldn't have found a more perfect wall hanging in any store!