7.16.2011

Wooden Frame - Project Makeover

One of my favorite things to do when I want to spruce up the house is to change around the decor, including the many framed pictures we have on display. I'm not too concerned about making sure all the frames match because I like the different styles and colors all mixed in. Plus, it makes it easier to recreate boring old frames that can easily be picked up at tag sales.

For my niece's birthday, I decided to take a plain, brown wooden frame, give it a makeover and include a family picture in there that she's sure to appreciate as she gets older.

Here is what it looked like before:



With some trusty spray paint, in a light purple (don't worry, I was sure to wear a protective mask!), glitter paint and a decorative iron-on, attached with hot glue, here are the final results -


I was thrilled with the results and as it turns out, it matches her room perfectly! Use your imagination to re-purpose any frames you might already have or that you pick up in your travels. 

What projects are you working on this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment