7.14.2011

Decoupage Foot Stool

As you may have noticed, I'm of the mind set that pretty much anything can be decoupaged. A few years ago, I helped my mom make some holiday gifts for her co-workers; decoupaged wooden stools that can be used as either plant stands or foot stools. Here is one that I made for myself - it has come in particularly handy under my work desk, to relieve some of my pregnancy back pain:


I used Modge Podge and cotton fabric for the top with some ribbon on the sides. It was easy to smooth the fabric down and fold it underneath, similar to the sides of a gift wrapped package. I painted the legs of the stool black first and once dry, I covered it with a clear coat of silver glitter. Here is a side view - you can see the folded corners and ribbon from this angle too.


These stools are an easy afternoon project and the base can be found fairly inexpensively at any unfinished wood store. Total cost was less than $5.00. You could give as a gift with a potted plant or use kid-friendly fabric design to create a stool they can use when they brush their teeth. Use your imagination with different fabrics and stains/paints to make fun gifts for just about anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment