7.06.2011

Summer Favorite - Mom's Zucchini Bread Recipe

One of my favorite things about summer is fresh vegetables but every once in awhile it's a fun indulgence to use those veggies to make something yummy!

It's taken me quite some time but I finally have my mother's zucchini bread recipe - it might not be the healthiest recipe but I promise it'll be moist and delicious.
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups shredded zucchini
  • 1.5 cups oil
  • 3 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 3/4 cups pecans or walnuts (optional)

Put zucchini in strainer and press or squeeze with hands to get some of the excess liquid out.

In a mixing bowl beat eggs, sugar, and oil together.
 

Stir in the flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and walnuts, mixing just until all ingredients are combined. Add drained zucchini. Mix well.
 

Pour into 2 greased and floured 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pans. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes at 375°, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out with very little or no crumbs clinging to it.
 
I wish I had taken pictures of the breads I made last week but I was so excited to cut into them that I forgot! But if you are lucky, your loaves will look something like this: 

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment