2.23.2011

New Project - Decoupage Bracelets

I've been wanting to try a couple decoupage bangle bracelets for some time now, using both fabric and paper materials. I tried a long time ago by wrapping decorative ribbon around the bracelets and securing it with tacky glue but it just didn't have the effect I was looking for. I'm hoping to work on three of these this weekend. 

Here are my supplies, as seen in the picture:

  • Plastic or wooden bangle bracelets - I found these on clearance at Old Navy - check Michaels also
  • Assorted materials - I'm not sure what mediums I'll use for this first attempt
    • Magazine pictures
    • Tissue paper
    • Cotton fabric
  • Scissors
  • Modge Podge - goes on white but dries clear 






I'll be posting the results by the end of the weekend - I would love to have a few of these to sell at my next show, although I have a feeling I'll be keeping at least one for my own spring wardrobe.

Follow me on Twitter: @babycakescrafts

No comments:

Post a Comment